PANCE PLAN

Firstly I wanted to familiarize myself with the outline and content of the exam. Being that it is a five-hour exam that includes 300 multiple-choice questions administered in five blocks of 60 questions with 60 minutes to complete each block, timing would be something I need to tackle and prioritize. Also there is a total of 45 minutes allotted for breaks between blocks and I want to strategically utilize that break time to recharge and refocus on the exam.

Being a standardized exam, it is always best to practice and prepare before the real exam. I plan on taking the PANCE within 6 weeks after I have completed my requirements. I plan on studying 8-9 hours a day for 6 days a week. While giving myself Sundays off, to take a break. Also I want to avoid studying at home if possible as it can be difficult to concentrate on studying at home.

Looking at my previous 2019 PACKRAT Performance Report, I realized I have plenty to work on such as in the areas of ENT/Ophthalmology, Gastrointestinal/Nutritional, Hematology, Infectious Diseases, Obstetrics/Gynecology, Psychiatry/Behavioral Medicine, and Urology/Renal. Although I hope that I have improved in some of these specialties due to rotations and studying for the end of rotation exams.

When taking practice exams I would like to recreate the testing environment as much as possible. So taking the exam in in a cubicle/empty desk, with no access to my phone, music, snacks, coffee/water and such. Additionally all my practice exams will be timed and it would not show the correct/incorrect answer right away. Additionally when I study I would set a timer for 60-minute intervals and take a short 5-10 min break afterward. Ultimately my goal is to practice as many questions as possible and learn from my mistakes/weak areas.

Being that the PANCE blue print changed:

NEW PANCE BLUEPRINT

The NCCPA states, “Medical content comprises 95% of the exam. All medical content questions are also coded to one of the task areas, with the exception of the professional practice task category. Questions related to professional practice issues comprise 5% of the exam. In addition, up to 20% of the exam may be related to general surgical topics. The specific percentage allocations may vary slightly on exams.”

Thus I plan I reviewing about 15-20% of material on the exam per week whilst doing as many practice questions and mock exams on the weekend. I also want to focus on one of the higher yield content/organ systems each week, and not to overwhelm myself.

I plan on reviewing one system each day, about three organ systems per week and doing questions in blocks similar to the format of the PANCE (five blocks of 60 questions with 60 minutes to complete each block).  This will get me to not only focus on the topic at hand, but also become accustomed to the timing of the test.

PANCE PLAN
Week # Monday Tuesday Wednesday Thursday Friday Saturday Sunday
1 120 Rosh Questions 120 Rosh Questions 120 Rosh Questions 120 Rosh Questions 120 Rosh Questions Practice Test

Rest Day
Topic review: Hematology Topic review: Hematology/ Infectious Disease Topic review: Infectious Disease Topic review: Dermatology Topic review: Dermatology Exam Master Online:

2x 60 question blocks

2 120 Rosh Questions 120 Rosh Questions 120 Rosh Questions 120 Rosh Questions 120 Rosh Questions Practice Test

Rest Day
Topic review: Pulmonology Topic review: Pulmonology Topic review: Pulmonology/ EENT Topic review: EENT Topic review: EENT Exam Master Online:

3x 60 question blocks

3 120 Rosh Questions 120 Rosh Questions 120 Rosh Questions 120 Rosh Questions 120 Rosh Questions Practice Test

Rest Day
Topic review: Reproductive Topic review: Reproductive Topic review: Reproductive/ GU Topic review: GU/ Renal Topic review: Renal Exam Master Online:

4x 60 question blocks

4 120 Rosh Questions 120 Rosh Questions 120 Rosh Questions 120 Rosh Questions 120 Rosh Questions Practice Test

Rest Day
Topic review: Cardio Topic review: Cardio Topic review: Cardio Topic review: Cardio/Psych Topic review: Psych Exam Master Online:

5x 60 question blocks

5 120 Rosh Questions 120 Rosh Questions 120 Rosh Questions 120 Rosh Questions 120 Rosh Questions Practice Test

Rest Day
Topic review: GI Topic review: GI Topic review: GI/MSK Topic review: MSK/Endocrine Topic review: Endocrine Kaplan Qbank

5x 60 question blocks

6 120 Rosh Questions 120 Rosh Questions PANCE and PANRE Question Book Test 1/2 PANCE and PANRE Question Book Test 3/4 PANCE and PANRE Question Book Test 5/6 Practice Test

Rest Day
Topic review: Neurology Topic review: Neurology Open Review Open Review Open Review Kaplan Qbank

5x 60 question blocks

Study Resources:

Pance Prep Pearls 2nd /3rd Edition

First Aid for the USMLE Step 2

Osmosis

Rosh Review

Kaplan PANCE Qbank

ExamMaster Online

PANCE and PANRE Question Book: A Comprehensive Question and Answer Study Review Book for the Physician Assistant National Certification and Recertification Exam by Dwayne A. Williams

*Plan subject to change, and I will evaluate and reflect on my plan after my 2nd week to ensure that I am adherent to the plan, and whether adjustments need to be made.