Cover Letter

Anthony Guan

(Address) | Phone #| Email

October 23, 2020       

Mr. Sang Lama

Talent Acquisition Manager

Northwell Health

130 East 59th Street

New York, NY 10022

Dear Mr. Sang Lama:

I am currently a Physician Assistant student from CUNY York College, graduating in January 2021 with a Master of Science in Physician Assistant Studies. This letter is to express my interest in discussing the Physician Assistant position in the Department of Emergency Medicine posted on your hospital web site. This opportunity is very appealing, and I believe that my experience and education will make me a competitive candidate.

Through my exposure to different types of working environments, I have been able to develop excellent interpersonal and strong communication skills. From my time rotating in the Emergency Department at Queens Hospital Center I have learned the value of thinking on my feet and multitasking. It has also given me the understanding of the role a PA plays in the clinical care team. I enjoyed the variety of patients, working as part of a team and taking a more hands on approach in patient management. Additionally my time at previous positions and rotaions has made me a more meticulous, analytical, and detail oriented person.

Based on the job description, I believe my qualifications fit the bill. I am a friendly person who gets along with people and patients easily. I am organized and enthusiastic for any learning opportunities. I am patient, understanding, compassionate, proactive, well spoken, a quick learner and a strong problem-solver. I am also very responsible, a dependable person., and a motivated team player. I am bilingual (English, Mandarin Chinese) and have some knowledge of Spanish.

I hope that you’ll find my experience and interests intriguing enough to warrant a face-to-face meeting, as I am confident that I could provide value to your organization as a member of your clinic care team. Thank you for your time and consideration, and I look forward to speaking with you.

Sincerely,

Anthony Guan